Sunday, August 7, 2011

Shopping in Australia

So this past thursday was the first time I have gone clothing shopping since ive gotten here and I needed a pair of dark jeans and black shoes in order to get in to the Sydney clubs.  First of all jean shopping was probably the funniest shopping trip I have ever been on because we wernt really sure what we needed to wear to get into the place we were going to but were pretty sure dark jeans would be fine.  So the second problem is that the models of jeans in Australia are skinny, tube, tight, and straight.  There are not many baggy jeans or jeans that us Americans are used to wearing anywhere.  I tried on 2 pairs of jeans, one was skinny and the other was straight.  I had to try really hard to get the skinny jeans on and once they were on it felt as though I was wearing my track spandex pants, there was no way I could buy these.  I tried on the second pair ( the straight jeans) which were also tighter then most american jeans but they wernt too bad so I bought them.  Good thing I am kinda skinny because the bigger you are the more trouble you will have fitting into these skinny jeans which made it an entertaining shopping trip watching us all try on skinny jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment